In the last 24 hours my mind has been tormented by a thousand thoughts from every possible angle imaginable, but the overall theme of those thoughts has been happiness.
It was way back in time, perhaps 1969 or more probably, 1970. I came down the stairs on the morning of my birthday and my mum and dad had managed in the previous weeks to hoodwink me into the belief that the object I saw before me was unobtainable.
Apparently it wasn't.
Yet, this story is not about that, it is about this :
It is my birthday on Wednesday and yesterday I was looking on marketplace and by odd chance (because I was not searching for it) found a later example of the same object.
I suppose I should reveal what I'm going on about :
The bike that mum and dad bought me over half a century ago was a Raleigh Chopper, the MK1 version, nicknamed by Raleigh at the time as "The Hot One" and over the years they released the MK2 and this variant, the MK3 which would have been one sale between 2004 and 2012, with some old stock being available up to 2018.
There is a however, the above article which does not have the correct seat arrangement, and it is either from a MK1 or MK2 or possibly a third party reproduction seat, regardless, there are no complaints here and my ongoing mission will be to improve this old bike as well as I can.
I will be repeating what I did all those years ago, polishing my chopper once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment