As an update to yesterdays blog, in the afternoon we bought 32 x H1A Simpson Hurricane Brackets and 13 x A35 corner brackets for $40 cash from a local chap who had saved them from a jobsite dumpster. The retail cost from Home Depot would have been $143.92 so it was a great deal and the expenditure sits at $425 with very little now to buy besides short screws and caulk as I have just checked that we have nothing suitable in the caulking department, I also need some waterproof tape and fasteners for the polycarbonate joints and H-Channel and I suspect our remaining $75 could be used up in the blink of an eye if we are not careful.
To the left are the A35 corner brackets, not sure what I will use them for yet, but they will be used, the H1A hurricane brackets are to the right, they will make the rafter installation far easier, which is important when balanced on a ladder eight feet above the ground.The shopping list is for short screws, #9 1-1/2" long, to attach the H1A brackets, a quick calculation would be about 28 x 6 or about 170 screws. A quick check of my "old man" screw supply shows that I probably have enough. Then there is waterproof tape, caulk and fasteners for the H-Channel, I probably have the fasteners in my supply, but I think a fibre or rubber washer will be needed, or perhaps a blob of caulk for each fastener.
I will need to do some research...
No comments:
Post a Comment