Saturday, September 16, 2023

Port Renfrew

The day after labour day, when all the kiddle winkles went back to school, my good friend and I drove up to Port Renfrew for three solitary nights, a stones throw away from Sooke, what seemed like a light year away from reality.

We stayed at the West Coast Trail Lodge, which sounds exotic but was quite normal, a couple of queen size beds, a bathroom, kitchenette and a difficult to understand television set. The lady at reception warned us not to have two kitchen appliances on at the same time or we would trip the breaker, which we did, they also warned not to unplug the fridge, which we didn't, but we turned it right down in the night.

A holiday away from the holiday, three ever so quiet days and lovely trips to beaches and trails, nights at the only pub in town and good food, relaxation from a life of relaxing, and down there on Botanical Beach, off Botany Bay, Rock pools, endless rock pools....


 

1 comment:

  1. Ah rock pools, happy communities of little sea creatures going about their business until the tide comes in. I spend lots of my time looking for the perfect one, but I am hoping that I never find it ….

    ReplyDelete