Monday, September 4, 2023

A Morning Challenge

I was minding my own business and the good lady shouted me that she had a challenge, a mission if I was prepared to accept it. I thought to myself "here we go, another spider in the bathroom" but this time it was something else, it was a creation challenge and no, I don't mean I was summoned to the bed chamber, it was a food creation task.

In all the time we have been retired we strive to not waste things, water, electricity, energy on idiots and of course, food. This mornings challenge was to be based on the latter and a pound or so of grapes we had bought a few days agao, or should I say, an extra pound or so of grapes that I had insisted on buying a few days ago because of a ridiculous "used food" price at the local supermarket.

This is a name we jokingly use for the little section in most supermarkets that are solely there to clear out some stuff, perfectly good food but bargain priced, and you know, if they want to do that, we are perfectly willing to oblige the corporation whims in this day and age of ridiculous pricing.

The challenge was "do something with these" and it seemed like the most obvious thing to do with twenty-four ounces of red seedless grapes was to mash them all up in a food processor, add four tablespoons of sugar and one of lemon juice, boil for fifteen minutes and make a couple of jars of jam, so I did, and here they are....

Challenge completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment