Sunday, January 15, 2017

New Kid on the Block

If you followed Gibsons Nature Watch you would have seen my occasional posts about my Sorel Boots and the Canadian Tire lawn mower, my Honda powered friend that shared my life for over sixteen years. About three or four years ago, the lawn mower hit a huge rock when I was being dangerous in the culvert, and the incident came close to slicing off the end of my Sorel boot, and perhaps slightly worse, a couple of my toes.

The blade had detached when the keyed blade connector broke in two.

I sourced a replacement from Home Hardware and also replaced the distorted blade, but after that, the lawn mower was never the same, it had a slight vibration and shimmy and was, I expect, rather grumpy.

In early September, at the end of the growing season, I sold it at one of our pre-moving yard sales, a ten dollar bargain, I even included some gas, and demonstrated how the mower would still start. The chap who bought it shuffled off with a big smile.

So, here we are, four months later in our new location in Sooke and we (myself and my Sorel boots) have a new friend to accompany us on our walks around the yard.

We will keep you posted.


1 comment: